Monday, December 11, 2006

The Worst Surprise I Ever Got

Let me start off by saying that most of the stuff that I say in life is a joke. I am one of the most unserious people that I know. Until recently, no subject was off limits...

You see, my friend and I have, as of late, been jokingly making up careers that we worked in almost every time we saw each other. This has been going on since this past summer. Careers included such options as bull riders, carnies, door to door salesmen, and just about any other random job you could think of. for the past two or three months, we have stuck with two main careers: my friend was a "street pharmacist" and I was a "pimp." Like I said earlier, no subject was off limits. we would joke around about anything; clientele, business partners, and cross marketing... you know, weird stuff like that. All of these things have seemed absolutely hilarious to us until recently I witnessed something that made me utterly sick.

Not sick physically, I mean come on, its me... I have had to work with human cadavers the past two semesters of school. after that, nothing makes you sick.

This thing, this horrible thing that I saw made me hurt from the very soul that is within me. Seriously, I felt bad after this.



The first time I think I saw a prostitute was in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. I was on a mission trip there and there were two prostitutes standing outside of a club near the market. I have also seen prostitutes around the downtown area that walk around. Each time I had ever seen a prostitute, it hadn't really phased me. you know what i mean? I'm sure this is the reaction of some of you all. you see her walking around and you think, "awww that's sad." and sometimes you even half-way believe that when you say it. I had never really truly understood the dynamic of the whole prostitute business. I know it sounds so simple, right? but I think I had just probably ignored that whole fact.

In all true and honest perspective, a prostitute wants a person to give her money in return for a sexual act of some sort.

WOW! what a concept. its so simple yet, to me, its so complicated.

So, you're probably wanting me to get to the point already, right?


OK, so, the other day I was driving to school from my work. and for those of you who know the Albuquerque area, you will know that if there is to be prostitutes around, they will most likely be in the down town-ish area, or in the valley somewhere.

SHOCK NUMBER 1.
I was in neither of those places. I was driving down Central and was at either Wyoming or Louisiana.

And there she was... a prostitute. Wow, it was so strange to see a scantily clad women in such chilly weather. My first thought was, what is this stupid girl doing? Does she not know its cold outside?

And then suddenly, reality came running at me like a 260 lb linebacker. and BAM! it hit me all at once.

This woman was in fact, a prostitute. granted, I have been clean with my words so far in this writing, but in fact my first thoughts were, whoa, a hooker. Now, I was surprised my this being the location that I was at and where she stationed herself, but I have to say that I wasn't really truly shocked. so, SHOCK NUMBER 1 was actually, SURPRISE NUMBER uhhh well who cares what number.

Here was actually where the real shock was:
Never in my life have I ever seen a prostitute with clientele. On this day, I did.

On this day, I saw that scantily clad woman get suddenly excited for some reason that I couldn't understand why. She quickly drew a very sly smile to her lips and began walking away from curb of the street inward to an area where someone could park a car. "what is she doing?" I asked myself. And before I could have another thought, I saw what I had never seen before in my life. The reason for that smile was because a man in a red car pull into that area that the young woman was walking to.

This prostitute was about to receive some business!! HOLY CRAP!!! are you serious!?!?!

I was completely shocked. I really was.

You know that sly little smile I was telling you about earlier that the woman got when she saw the approaching car, out of nowhere, that smile changed. The once sly smile, suddenly became that of an evil smile. There is no other way that I know how to describe it. The smile turned icy cold, blood curdling, in fact. I believe that if I would have seen that smile in a different light, I could swear it hurt. Now this is my own opinion, and can only be taken at face value. And to be truthful, I don't know if I believe myself at all either, but, the smile that I saw come from the mouth of that woman was so poisonous that I think that the woman was demon possessed. you can believe me or not, but that's what I believe I saw. I have never encountered a person that I have known that they were demon possessed, so I do not know how accurate my hypothesis is on that. I just know that I saw something maliciously evil in that smile.

All that being said, I must say, that I am sorry. I am sorry for saying the things that I have said and acting the way that I have. There is no doubt in my mind anymore that there is such occupations now-a-days as prostitutes. I don't know how I have missed this before seeing as prostitution is one of the oldest occupations in all of history. I didn't see any exchange of money or anything else, but the things that I did see will haunt me for a long time if not for the rest of my life. I pray that whenever you see a prostitute or a drug dealer or user on the street whenever you are driving in that part of town that you think of as sketchy and dangerous, that you will do more than roll up your windows and lock your doors, but that you will say a prayer for those people. Those people are no different in the eyes of God than any other man or woman on this earth. They are sinners in need of a savior.

God bless the prostitutes, the users and abusers, the people who outright commit sin without remorse, the people who have lost all hope and are willing to do anything to fill the voids in their life... and God bless you too.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Thank you for that, I have never looked at prostitution in that light before. I caught your screen name at the Leeland blog and just thought i would check out the blogs of some of my brothers and sisters in Christ. I personnaly haven't posted in a while, probably because I have been so busy this Christmas season. What you saw was real. Not many people have been given the discernment to see these things but for what ever reason God has allowed you to see it. Demons are real and will posess unbelivers or torment Christians who will or have yeilded to them in the past. Drug dealers, users, prositutes, idolitors (people who proitze anything out of the ordinary above everything else showing traits of addiction: Gambling, sex addiction, ect..) what you saw was a manifestation of a of a demon's presence.The Holy Spirit revealed this to you and promted you to pray, and by doing so you joined in the battle with God concerning this girl. "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down stongholds.." When I was lost, before God delivered me from a life of drug abuse as a dealer and a user, I also saw these things as you have described, in many forms. And I thank God and praise him for allowing you to not only see but hear the voice of truth in that God does love them and that they do need our prayers, after all who knows who could have been praying for me back then. I just pray that God will use me in every way he has purposed me for, I went through those things for a reason, to help others. To be a witness,. I will pray every time I see these things thank you and Bless you in the name of Jesus and I pray that you will continue to be faithful to Him and become availibel in every way to serve Him.