Well, this morning I actually woke up before 7:00 AM, which is quite a feat since I cant remember the last time I did that. it felt good. I wouldn't say I was very early or anything, but it did give me an extra 15 minutes to crack open G-d's word. I love how he is so faithful to give you what you need—our daily bread if you will.
I was looking for my favorite bible, the Key Word Study bible (NASB of course), but I couldnt find it so I grabbed another bible, a gift from Matt and/or Mark (I know that sounds weird, but dont worry about it). It was the Scofield Study Bible (also NASB).
I cant say that this bible made God's word come more alive, but it felt good to hold it this morning. and as I read out of it for those few short moments, I felt God's word go forth and... well, it basically smacked in me in the face, and if you're like me, then that is needed now and again, and it actually feels good. "...thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me," as David put it or in modern/dumbed down translation, "Your big cane thingy and Your beatin' stick, they make me feel good."
well, ok, so that was a little too dumbed down, but whatever. I love to read God's word, and hopefully God keeps waking me up early to do so.
G-d bless you, everyone who stumbles upon my blog here
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered [them] from their destructions.
No comments:
Post a Comment