Tuesday, August 21, 2007

what’s going on here

here’s an update for everyone that might actually be reading this.
well, work is pretty crazy these days. and by that, I mean that I haven’t been doing much the past few days. the past 2 weeks were pretty crazy, and actually I guess you could say that the last 4 weeks or so have been crazy. we have had the annual student symposium and the recruiter kick off. both were big events and took up too much time and effort. the symposium is alright if your a tech student…which I am not. and the kickoff was alright except the told me that i was going to run the A/V side of it and all I did was hold mics. but as for the past few days, work has been fairly boring.
ok then, now that that is out of the way, lets talk about the rest of my life. As many of you know, I am engaged to be married. yeah, thats pretty amazing in my opinion. I found me a nice girl to settle down with and make babies with and all that. just kidding. I am really happy to be with Melody. she is amazing. but it turns out, planning a marriage is a lot of hard work. like wow! a lot of work. the past couple of months have been the most exciting and yet the most stressful time of my entire life. we have done so much to get ready for this wedding and for our marriage and it still feels like there is a mountain of stuff to do. this week our goal has been trying to get the invites finished and out of here. I dont think that will be accomplished until next week though. all this planning and preparing has been crazy, but seriously, I am stoka-ba-boka about getting married.on top of being busy, I am about to start school again. with that, I suddenly decided, “hey, why dont I just go transfer to CNM this semester?” I know what your thinking (or something like that). why did I transfer. well, I was gong to UNM here in the great state of New mexico, and I was attempting to got into the Radiography program here. now your thinking, what the heck is radiography? well, its the guy who takes x-rays of you when your all busted up. ok, well, just as I was applying to get into the program there at UNM, the fine folks there decided that radiography wasnt really worth keeping as a program. and so, they canceled and closed the program. this left me lost and alone looking for something to do. I considered getting a degree in religious studies, but decided that that wasnt going to be a very good thing to do for a future career, seeing as there is not a huge demand for religious studies majors out there. I also thought about just getting a degree in general education, but again, that would not have offered me much in a trade or occupation in the near future. and so, last week (I think it was) I went ahead and decided to transfer to CNM, the community college here in albuquerque. they have a radiologic technology degree. and so, I have been franticly running around trying to get all of my transfer stuff in order. I recently found out that my lottery scholarship was no longer going to be valid at CNM though. so, now i am going to have to fill out a fafsa in order to possibly get some financial support. and here in a couple of months, I will have to refill one out, because I am getting married and will have a kid. if that doesnt get me some money, I dont know what will.
in other news, last night Nick got really sick. they think it might be meningitus or malaria or some crazy virus. either way, he got really sick and definitely needs our prayers. and be praying for shaena as well, as she is probably a little stressed out. Faith (soon to be daughter) got sick last too. we think it is some bug that Melody’s friend’s kid had, and if that is the case, she is going to be having a fever for a few days. please be praying for her too.
I guess thats it for now please enjoy this video

No comments: