Uganda blog :: Day 2 :: Friday June 22, 2007
We are in africa at last! We got here ysterday morning and after getting through customs very easily and packing up the vans, we headed out. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get here to Jinja. We also got to drive through Kampala, which I believe is the Capital. This country is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! We have come here at the tail end of the rainy season and so the weather is wonderful. I think it is hotter in Albuquerque than it is here.
When we got to the compound, we ate an authentic African lunch and most of us ate with our hands as custom allows. After that we were given the chance to take a long nap and it was much appreciated 3 days where I probably got a total of 12 hours of sleep. We woke up and I got to meet some of the church staff who were very friendly. the rest of the team woke up soon after that. we then practiced our dramas and got to eat dinner.This morning was wonderful. After 4 days of not showering, I was able to shower. Although it was cold, it was Wonderful!
We have just eaten breakfast and most of the students are having quiet times before devos. We will be going to 3 schools today where we will be showing dramas and giving the gospel message. I am excited and nervous but more excited. We might also visit the slums of the town. It should be interesting. I pray God uses use today and does a mighty work.
I am expectant that the African students will e polite and listenbut I hope that their hearts will be open to the Gospel.
I just exchanged $50 and got 80,00 shillings in return. It was pretty nuts. there are a lot of people here in Uganda who only make about $30-$50 a month. We are all so rich and ungrateful.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment